by Eris Doble
Blogs have become one of the biggest means of marketing in industries like traveling, fashion, and beauty, sweeping the internet and influencing its readers daily. It’s an outlet that’s made it possible for anyone to share personal passions through a digital landscape, with hopes of making some kind of career out of it. As a first time blogger, it might seem difficult to know where to begin or to figure out how best to infiltrate the blogging industry because of the competition. Inevitable questions you’re going to ask yourself are: How do I create a follower base? How do I get new followers? How do I hold on to the audience I’ve secured? For starters, it’s all about the content you’re creating. But once you have that down pat, the most challenging part of maintaining and popularizing your blog is learning how to drive or increase organic traffic to your site. Here are few steps to keep in mind if you want to get your blog noticed:
- First and foremost, remember that content is king. Be original, be honest, be unique.
- Posting content daily is ideal, but if you can’t do this then at least be consistent with dates and timing of your posts.
- Market your content on numerous social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Focus on your target audience. Figure out every nitty gritty detail of your reader. Female or Male? Age? Career? Hobbies? Pretend like you’re BFF’s with this person, and think about everything you’d want to know about them.
- Utilize analytics provided by each of the social platforms you choose to market on, such as Twitter Analytics.
- Get familiar with Google Analytics, it will help you figure out the who, what, where, why, and how about your readers.
- Ask questions. Give your readers the options to respond to your questions in a comment section and interact with you.
- Be present on social media. Engaging with your readers will help you hold on to them
- If you’re using WordPress, be sure to plugin Content Analysis Tool, a collection of content checks that analyze the content of your page. It will help you implement basic SEO strategy into your blog posts and increase organic traffic.